Thursday, December 23, 2010

Best Christmas Ever

Ok, so I could write this week about how my dad is a complete asshole.  I could write about how Matt and I had one of the scariest fights of my life.  I could write about how my job is slowly sucking the life (and my money) out of me. However, that would not be about how this is the best week ever, so I will avoid all those topics until I can reflect on them with something good to say.  Instead, I will tell you how this is the best Christmas ever.
Here are my Christmas plans: nothing. I bought no presents for my kids, so I have no wrapping to do.  The three (yes, only 3 items purchased for all of my Christmas shopping to be complete) items I did purchase were bought online and shipped directly to the recipients.  None of whom I have to see for the holiday! I have no cooking to do, because we're not having a Christmas dinner.  The only thing I have to do all day on Christmas is go to my in-law's house for 2 hours for my kids to get their presents from Grandma and Grandpa.  I have never been so excited for Christmas ever. 
Please don't think I'm a big Grinch or anything.  It's just that Christmas has been a horrible holiday for me for years.  I won't depress anyone with lengthy stories of all the horrendous holiday disasters, but let me just say that last year I was on suicide watch for my mom and that was one of the better Christmases. 
So, as everyone is running around seeing family, cooking dinner, stressing about everything, please take a moment to be jealous of me, sitting in my pjs, drinking a bottle of wine and doing nothing.  Merry Christmas all!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally jealous babe. After visiting with my family all day, I'll be rocking back and forth, nursing my wine bottle too.

    Happy holidays love! /lick

    ReplyDelete