Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shopping

Ok, let me start by saying, I HATE SHOPPING! It's exhausting.  It's frustrating.  I'd rather have a root canal than have to shop for clothes. So, when I realized that I have a wedding to go to as well as Matt's company Christmas party coming up in a few weeks, I frantically searched my closet for anything that fits.  Unfortunately, I found nothing.  I just don't really own clothes for special occasions like that. I'm a stay at home mom... what do I need a cocktail dress for?

So I had to shop. I figured this would take 2-3 hours tops.  I was an idiot.  First off, I was trying to be economical and buy one dress that would work for both occasions. Apparently, while this concept seems simple enough, it was the most complicated thing in the world. Any given dress was too fancy for one event, or not fancy enough for the other.  Found one great dress then realized: you can't wear white to a wedding, duh! Next, and please don't start hating me now... this isn't my fault, but I'm size 00. While all the fashion magazines show off tiny models, very few stores actually carry that size.  In fact, most shops don't even MAKE clothes in that size. Oh yeah, AND I have a two year old and a one year old... GREAT shopping partners!

So.... after 4 hours of online shopping, 3 hours in mall number one, and 4 1/2 hours in mall number 2, I was really about to lose it. I started writing angry texts to all my friends just to vent. Pretty sure I may get my number blocked by a few of them now. When I was just about to give up and go home to put shopping off for another day, I finally found a dress.  Hooray! I wasted an entire day's worth of my life for one dress! The good thing is, it fits, it's cute, it works for both occasions, and it didn't break my bank. Here's a pic.

I had to use a catalog picture... I'm too exhausted to take a picture  of myself.

2 comments:

  1. Next time you just need to pay me and I'll get ya' something cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you saying that what I got isn't cute? Great, now I'm going to have a complex about it and have to shop for a whole new dress! ;-)

    ReplyDelete